Do you know how to moonwalk, while wearing giant foam feet? Can you reach the Suite Level when you throw t-shirts into the crowd? Can you communicate using only your wings and an expressionless top-heavy headpiece? Are you able to perform your assigned tasks under the pressure of dozens of kids punching you below the belt? If so, the Cyclones may be looking for you!
Brooklyn’s one and only professional baseball team is searching for the prefect person to fill the sizeable shoes of the borough’s favorite mascots – Sandy the Seagull and Pee Wee!
“Sandy and Pee Wee are the faces of the Cyclones,” said the team’s General Manager, Steve Cohen. “We are looking for someone with the energy, enthusiasm, talent, and dedication to truly give life to our mascots – both figuratively and literally.”
These part-time, seasonal positions report directly to the Community Relations Manager and will be responsible for performing at all 38 Cyclones home games, as well as off-site events throughout the community.
Candidates are encouraged to email their qualifications, resumes, videos – and anything else they think might help them get the job – to the Cyclones’ Community Relations Manager, Elizabeth Lombardi, at [email protected] or call 718-37-BKLYN.
JOB DESCRIPTION Brooklyn Cyclones Mascots – “Sandy the Seagull”& “Pee Wee”
The Brooklyn Cyclones are currently seeking part-time, seasonal mascots. This position reports directly to the Community Relations Manager and is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Performing at all 38 home games during the 2009 season.
- Performing at private parties, parades, festivals, grand openings, etc on specified days during the week and on weekends throughout the year.
- Performing at off-site community appearances.
- Creating skits, dance routines, and other forms of mascot-related entertainment and crowd interaction.
- Responsible for researching, creating and/or purchasing props and costumes for the mascot.
- Responsible for mascot costume operations including creativity, care, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
- Some experience is preferred but not required
- Due to costume restrictions, to play the role of Sandy the Seagull, candidate must be at least 5 feet 7 inches and no more than 6 feet. To play the role of Pee Wee, candidate must be at least 5 feet and no more than 5 feet 5 inches.
- Must be well organized and flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands
- Ability to analyze and interpret common social expressions and clients needs or wants relating to the mascot
- Punctuality is mandatory and available to work flexible hours including all home games, some nights and weekends
- Must have own transportation
- Must be highly energetic and in good physical condition
- Fan friendly and outgoing individual
- Works well with children and other staff members at any events
- Must be able to work in a costume