Join the Brooklyn Cyclones on Saturday, June 29th, 2013 for the 9th Annual Take Your Base Run/Walk on the famous Reigelmann Boardwalk in Coney Island. The fee for registration is $30 if you register before June 25th, $40 until packet pick up begins, and $50 thereafter. The registration cost includes an official Take Your Base Jersey, ticket to 2013 Brooklyn Cyclones home game, and a photo taken of each runner as they cross home plate.
Last year’s Take Your Base raised over $40,000 for cancer research while attracting nearly 1,000 participants to MCU Park. This year’s race will embrace new causes, while improving the event in nearly every way. This is one day in Coney Island that should not be missed!
The electronically timed 5K race, accurately measured course, and finish at home plate are just the beginning. Stick around after you run for a post-race party featuring summer staples BBQ and Beer, meet the 2013 Brooklyn Cyclones and come back later that night to watch the Brooklyn Cyclones take on the Hudson Valley Renegades at 7pm.
Get your team together! Gather your friends and family and join the Cyclones in raising funds and spreading awareness for the charity of your choice. All funds raised will go to support one of these great programs:
- American Cancer Society: The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service. We help you take preventative steps against cancer, we’re in your corner around the clock to guide you through a cancer experience, we’re getting results by investing in cancer research, and we help pass laws that defeat cancer and rally communities to join the fight.
- Autism Speaks: At Autism Speaks, our goal is to change the future for all who struggle with autism spectrum disorders. We are dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments, and cure for autism; to raising public awareness about autism and its effects on individuals, families, and society; and to bringing hope to all who deal with the hardships of this disorder. We are committed to raising the funds necessary to support these goals.
- Tell Every Amazing Lady: Tell Every Amazing Lady's mission is to promote awareness of the signs and symptoms of Ovarian Cancer, to enable early detection, and to help find the cure for this deadly disease.
- #ConeyRecovers: #ConeyRecovers is an initiative of Alliance for Coney Island, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting “the People’s Playground” and improving quality of life for the entire Coney Island community.
- CAMBA: CAMBA is a non-profit agency that provides services that connect people with opportunities to enhance their quality of life. Specifically, we help people of low-income; those moving from welfare to work; people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or transitioning out of homelessness; individuals living with or at risk of HIV/AIDS; immigrants and refugees; children and young adults; entrepreneurs and other groups working to become self-sufficient. The majority of CAMBA’s clients live, work and/or attend school in Brooklyn.
- The Hope Program: The HOPE Program empowers New Yorkers to achieve economic self-sufficiency through employment and advancement. By blending vocational, educational, and social services with a lifelong commitment to a person's growth, HOPE demonstrates that New Yorkers facing significant challenges can build brighter futures for themselves and their families. We provide hundreds of hours of rigorous training in literacy, math, computer skills, workplace communications, stress management, customer service and other skills essential for career success.
- Back on My Feet: Back on My Feet (BoMF) is a national nonprofit organization that uses running to help those experiencing homelessness change the way they see themselves so they can make real change in their lives that results in employment and independent living. The organization’s mission is not to create runners within the homeless population, but to use running to create self-sufficiency in the lives of those experiencing homelessness. The program’s success is measured by how many Members achieve independence through employment and housing.
Get involved in Take your Base today! Whether you run, walk, mosey, stroll, or dance your way down the boardwalk come out and celebrate the 9th Annual Take Your Base.
Each year, the Cyclones gather fans, players, coaches, front office members -- anyone who wants to walk the Coney Island boardwalk -- in support of a truly worthy cause. The event has raised nearly $200,000 in its brief eight-year history, and with your participation, that number will continue to grow!
Walkers and Runners
(New this year both runners and walkers must register through link)
- SIGN UP ONLINE – CLICK HERE to register for the Take Your Base 5K
- BUILD YOUR TEAM - Recruit by asking your friends, family, co-workers and your neighbors to join your team.
- SET A GOAL - Set your goals high so you have something to strive for and get a chance to win exciting incentives.
- FUNDRAISE - Ask for donations. Send out fundraising emails from your personal page. Easily share your fundraising page on social media sites.
- COME TO MCU PARK on June 29th and walk or run for a cause!