Hey Brooklyn, do you have it? GUTS! On Wednesday, August 12th the Brooklyn Cyclones and Nickelodeon will join forces for the 90s Nickelodeon Night, celebrating Guts, the extreme sports competition that dominated the decade. So grab your slap bracelets and Furby, put the Crystal Pepsi on ice and get ready to go back in time!
As part of this special Wayback Wednesday, fans will be able to purchase a limited-edition Extreme Arena package which will include a game ticket and … take a deep breath ... your very own Aggro Crag. For just $25, you will be able to bring Nickelodeon’s version of the Stanley Cup home with you, without ever to rock a yellow helmet and elbow pads. We’ll also include a special brownbag lunch, complete with Gushers, Capri Sun and Handi Snax. (Notes from mom telling you to have a good day, not included). These tickets are on sale now at BrooklynCyclones.com. The Crag giveaway is for the Extreme Arena Package ONLY
But that’s not all, the Cyclones players will be wearing one-of-a-kind, Nickelodeon Guts jerseys that will be auctioned off throughout the game with proceeds to benefit local Brooklyn Charities. The design is reminiscent of a trapper keeper mixed with the glow in the dark stars we all had on the ceiling of our bedrooms at one point, or the background of a middle school photo that makes you shake your head when you look at it now…come on what’s more 90s than that?
For those not lucky enough to get their hands on the Extreme Arena package, the night will feature special throwback pricing, with all tickets just $10.
Not enough 90s for you? Well we were just getting started. Here’s a look at some of the other fun competitions and activities available throughout the game:
- TMNT: Donatello’s Bow Staff Limbo Competition
- Worst AOL Screen Name competition
- Moon Shoe Race Around the Bases
- Salt-n-Pepa Push It – Go Cart Race
- Uma Thurman Dance Off
- Dumb & Dumber Return the Suitcase Race
- Bop It Competition
- (Tommy) Pickles Eating Competition
- Name That Boy Band Lyric – Celebrating the “poetry” that was the lyrics of 90s Boy Bands (I never would have thought to rhyme all…with all)
- Post-Game 90s Run Around the Bases – If you’re wearing Doc Martens, Birkenstocks, a Scrunchy, Clogs, Adult Overalls, or backwards jeans, people are probably laughing at you, the least we can do is let you have a moment to shine when you run around the bases.
- Name that Beeper Code Competition
- Where’s Waldo in MCU Park
- Anyone with a driver’s license proving they were, in fact, born & raised in West Philadelphia will receive a free ticket (Auntie & Uncle must pay).
And of course, the winner of all of these high-stakes contests will receive 90s themed prizes like Ring Pops, Bubble Tape, Troll Dolls, Silly Putty, Dunkaroos, and maybe even a clear phone (If dad gives us our allowance in time).
If you miss the 90s, this is surely a night you won’t want to miss. Get your tickets now by calling 718-507-TIXX, visiting the MCU Park Box Office, or at BrooklynCyclones.com. Please Note: The Extreme Arena Package is available ONLINE ONLY.