For generations, it has been said that Brooklynites have been “born into baseball.” This summer, that term may be more literal than ever before. On Sunday, July 19th at 5pm, the Brooklyn Cyclones are hosting Bellies & Baseball: A Salute to Pregnancy, and inviting expectant parents to participate in a variety of themed activities…including a special prize for anyone who gives birth at the game!
Activities and entertainment at the July 19th game against Auburn will include:
- Barefoot & Pregnant: Expectant moms can run (or, more likely, walk) the bases with no shoes on before the game
- Craving Station: A table on the Concourse level will offer pickles, ice cream, anchovy pizza, etc. for pregnant women who crave more than the usual ballpark fare
- Water Break: Two expectant fathers will try to complete a race with water balloons attached to their bodies. The winner is the one who lasts the longest or finishes the race without his water breaking
- 7th Inning Stretch Marks: Pregnant women will be allowed onto the field in the 7th inning to sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- Lamaze on the Lawn: The Cyclones will offer a Pre-game Lamaze class on the grass in centerfield
- Special Delivery: Any woman who gives birth at the ballpark before the end of the game gets free Cyclones Season Tickets for life for each member of her new family
- Naming Rights: Any expectant mother who agrees to name her child “Brooklyn” or “Cy” gets free Season Tickets for life
- Pregnancy Pitch: Any woman in her third trimester gets to throw out a ceremonial first pitch before the game
- Trimester Tricycles: Bike race between expectant fathers between innings
“Families are at the heart of our fan base,” said Cyclones General Manager Steve Cohen, “and we’re proud to welcome new families or new members to the family with a night of Brooklyn baseball in their honor.” Ideally, Cohen would like to see a generation of Brooklyn babies who literally grow up with the Cyclones. “Wouldn’t it be great if two people met at a Cyclones game, later gave birth to a child at Bellies & baseball, and then brought their new family to Baby’s First Ballgame (on August 16th)?” he asked.
Cohen also explained that the timing of the announcement gives fans ample opportunity to prepare. “If you want to be involved in Bellies & Baseball but you’re not pregnant yet, there’s still time!”
Beginning Monday, April 13th at 10am, advance Ticket Sales for the Bellies & Baseball event will be available at brooklyncyclones.com or 718-507-TIXX using the promotional code: BELLIES.